A whole case of wine, mysterious, full of surprises, not only translates into savings, but also allows us to satisfy a series of situations often unexpected. Today: why and how buying one.
A case can be 6 or 12 bottles of wine. It is the standard number when we buy directly from a winery. Naturally, if we are shopping at a wine store, the box can theoretically have more or less bottles. In addition, it can be a case with different wines or vintages. But, today, I want us to concentrate on a box of the same wine.
As I mentioned, a good source of purchase is directly from the winery. Your second choice is the supermarket, especially if your favorite wine is on sale. A third alternative is a specialized or online store. There are also several clubs that periodically send exclusive wine boxes.
Someone could say: why a case if I can buy a different bottle each time? First, there is an economic consideration. Usually, we get a discount for the purchase of a box or a larger number of bottles. If you buy a daily, moderate price wines, maybe the discount does not feel too much. But when buying a more ambitious, Premium or icon wine, I assure you that your eyes will shine with happiness for the good business you did.
In the case of an icon wine, a wonderful harvest or a limited line, that purchase can be an excellent investment. After a couple of years, you can sell those wines at a higher price to collectors or wine lovers. You can even share the expense between friends so that the investment is not so onerous.
A great argument to buy a case of the same wine is the subject of bottle aging. When there is a wine you particularly like, it is a real adventure to uncork it when it is young, then after a year, and then five or even ten years later. The purchase of a box allows you to discover the changing nature of a wine.
There are several daily situations that absolutely speak in favor of buying a box of wine:
- A bottle is corked and your guests will arrive in a few minutes more. No problem. Put a new bottle to cool.
- You will always have a good gift on hand for an unexpected situation. A bottle of wine is a super versatile gift for people of different ages, professions and hobbies.
- Those unfailing friends those arrive to your place without warning. While you prepare something quick to eat, you can immediately offer them a glass of wine. Also, remember, there are many holidays during the year and most stores are closed. In those days a case saves our lives.
- You are educating yourselves in the subject of wines, you try a lot and make comparative tastings. In this case, you need several bottles of the same wine.
- If you like to drink a little bit of wine every day with your dinner, it is definitely cheaper. I remind you that a glass of wine a day, especially red, is beneficial for our health because of its antioxidant content.
- Finally, if you organize a party, wine cases are much more convenient. Calculate half a bottle per person and do not forget that your guests shouldn’t drive back home, so that they enjoy the wine and arrive safe and sound.