Casillero del Diablo Pinot Grigio has very characteristic aromas for the variety. In its fresh bouquet you can find: green apple, pear, nectarine, citrus. In the mouth this Pinot Grigio is soft, round and crispy and also full of fruit flavors. It is a medium bodied wine. This versatile wine pairs with several summer dishes.
When you look for some excellent pairing for Casillero del Diablo Pinot Grigio, base your ideas on sea food, fresh vegetables and fruit, white meat like chicken or turkey.
- Shrimp salad, absolutely complementary with aromas and structure of this wine.
- Fettuccine Alfredo it’s a creamy, simple recipe of amuse the taste in a summer day. Pinot Grigio is definitely the choice to pair with it.
- Raw fish tartar with its fresh, citrus character, finished with the touch of cilantro. Pinot Grigio variety matches with raw fish
Salmon & Corvine Tartar
(The recipe comes from the book “Chilean Sea” by Gloria Frugone)
This is a very easy and delicious recipe. Combines salmon and sea bass and the result is always very good.
For 6 people:
- 400g salmon fillet
- 400 g fillet of corvina ( sea bass)
- ½ cup cooked corn
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2-3 avocados cut into the small cubes
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 lemons (juice)
- salt and pepper
- Cut the fishes into the pieces.
- In a bowl mix the fish with the other ingredients and reserve refrigerated to chill it well.
- Distribute the mixture into small plates, garnish with a parsley and serve immediately.